Where do Web Traffic Stats come from?

Discussion in 'General' started by outeredge, Dec 14, 2010.

1. outeredge

outeredge New Member

We currently are getting zero figures showing for our Web Traffic Stats.

Just wondering if anyone knows where these come from, does ISP Config use the apache log files or do you have to have Webalizer/Awstats installed?

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The come from apache (vlogger).

Which ispconfig version do you have installed?

3. outeredge

outeredge New Member

Thanks Till!,

We're running 3.0.3.1 with the caveat being that we are using Litespeed instead of Apache.

I appreciate you don't support Litespeed but I'd like to see if we can get this aspect working. From what I understand it can log to the usual Apache log files.

Perhaps you could guide me where to look on the filesystem in the first instance to find out whether the correct log files are being created?

4. till

The traffic logging is not based on files. vlogger is a perl script and apache pipes the log output to vlogger and vlogger writes the traffic data directly to the mysql database.

So what you have to do is to check if you configured vlogger properly in litespeed so that all log data is piped in the correct format to this script.

5. outeredge

outeredge New Member

Thanks again Till,

I've found the option to pipe access logs in the Litespeed Web Admin, do you know the path I should be piping them to?

D

6. till

Please see the ispconfig.conf file in the apache sites-available folder for the correct log and vlogger configuration.

7. outeredge

outeredge New Member

Thanks Till, it looks like Litespeed is automatically picking this up from the ispconfig.conf file. However, in the stderr.log I can see the following:

2010-12-15 15:05:28.935 [STDERR] readline() on closed filehandle CONF at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/vlogger line 232.
    2010-12-15 15:05:28.935 [STDERR] Use of uninitialized value $DBI_DUMP in alarm at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/scripts/vlogger line 538 during global destruction.

Any clues as to what might be the cause here?

8. outeredge

outeredge New Member

Hi All,

This bug has been fixed in LiteSpeed's latest release, v4.0.18 (not yet available by automatic upgrade).

So that's ISPConfig running Litespeed on Debian Lenny with full traffic stats :-D

Thanks for your help.

D