Where is the application Maildir on CentOS 5.3 ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rzlines, Oct 25, 2009.

1. rzlines

rzlines New Member

I am following this tutorial for setting up ISP configCentOS 5.3 ISP config tutorial

This is where I get stuck at, as i can't find the maildir application
    Code:
    11.1 Maildir

Dovecot uses Maildir format (not mbox), so if you install ISPConfig on the server, please make sure you enable Maildir under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email. ISPConfig will then do the necessary configuration. 
    Where do i find MailDir installed on CentOS? I am new to linux and hence I find it difficult to locate applications, forgive me if this is a silly question, but i have really searched around and have been unable to locate it.

When i checked the add/remove applications for maildir it shows me that DoveCot secure IMAP server is installed

Please if anyone can help it would be very kind.

Thanks a lot,
    Renee.

2. dipeshmehta

dipeshmehta Member

'Maildir' is not an application which you need to install. Its format how mails are stored into your server.

As the guide itself says, if you have installed ISPConfig, just enable 'Maildir' as guided, ISPConfig would take care of next steps.

You can enable it into your /etc/postfix/main.cf with following code, just write following into your main.cf:
    Code:
    home_mailbox = Maildir/
    mailbox_command =
    then restart your postfix by
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/postfix restart
    Hope this helps.

Dipesh