where: ISPconfig 3 - [email protected]

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by edge, Mar 4, 2009.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Where can I change the e-mail address that is used for the "Welcome to your new email account.".
    At the moment it's send by [email protected]

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The email address is currently defined in the language file. The file is /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/lib/lang/en_mail_user.lng or the corresponding file in the language you use. You may also use the language editor to edit this file.

3. qiubosu

qiubosu Member

hello till,

in ispconfig 3.0.3, whenever create an new email account, there is an email sent to the new email address from [email protected], as shown below:

Subject: ***SPAM***Welcome to your new email account.
    Date: Fri, November 5, 2010 4:39 am
    To: [email protected]
    Priority: Normal

i don't think the [email protected] has ever been created when install/config ispconfig 3.0.3 and squirrelmail. why there is the [email protected] email?

in your reply to this issue before, you suggested to update the [email protected] in the /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/mail/lib/lang/en_mail_user.lng file. however i notice the other *_mail_user.lng files for other languages need to be updated as well.

my question is - 1) are there any other way to update this more easily, apart from command line, i.e. from the ispconfig 3 or squirrelmail GUI or web interface? 2) is the [email protected] need to updated or just leave it as it is?

4. qiubosu

qiubosu Member

5. u4david

u4david New Member

6. osterhase

osterhase New Member

Login as an admin into your ISPConfig.

System -> Language-Editor (left navigation bar) -> Language -> [Select your language] -> en_mail_user.lng (click that)

Edit the field: welcome_mail_fromemail_txt

7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

In the current ISPCFG3 version 3.0.xxxx I cannot find welcome_mail_fromemail_txt - has it been renamed or where do I edit this?