Where should add a new user

Discussion in 'General' started by luckytom, Mar 8, 2016.

1. luckytom

luckytom New Member

Me as admin has a client, let say Client1, and then want to add a new user (not client) but this user is under authority group of Client1.. how?
    What should I add in the "CP Users" field, or in 'Add Client' to the left side of Clients1 field..?

Thanks in advance.

2. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Someone who uses ISPConfigu should either be client, reseller or admin. If your client1 wants/needs to be responsible for your client2 you probably want client1 to be a reseller account.

3. luckytom

luckytom New Member

So, you mean that the client1 automatically as a reseller too, no need to add more to the left side "Add Reseller" in the field client1. That just add a new user as reseller, right?

4. ztk.me

If I remember correctly a reseller is identified by one flag within the database, however I would not recommend fiddling with that, maybe till can provide further informations if it's possible to change a client to a reseller.

But for the sake of consistent data add a reseller and change the client to be client of the new added reseller.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, but this allows only to downgrade a reseller to a client, an upgrade might require also changes on other records like the group permissions.

That's what I would recommend as safe way as well.

6. luckytom

luckytom New Member

Ohh.. it's clear now. Thanks to all for details explanation :cool:

7. maximiliancassius

maximiliancassius New Member

thank you for the information

8. luckytom

luckytom New Member

By chance, I would like to know how to edit to downgrade it? I've changed my mind wants to change from a reseller to client, but I cannot see the menus for it, can you tell me how..?

9. ztk.me

I think it was either assigning a client limits template to the reseller or setting reseller available clients to 0.
    But it would leave some garbage in the database since reseller do have additional informations stored if I got Till right.

10. luckytom

luckytom New Member

Well, rather than bother I'll delete/remove it. Then, I'll add a new client with the same name..
    But I don't know what if I use the same Username, is it No effects to other databases..?

11. ztk.me

if you use prefixes like c1 c2 and so on it should not effect any databases created or whatsoever.
    If you don't use a prefix... well you just can't create that specific database again - but the new user is not automatically assigned to this because he has a new internal id.

luckytom likes this.
  12. luckytom

luckytom New Member

@ztk.me, thanks for info, lucky me using prefix c1 c2 etc.. no problem to create :)