Where to go next? DNS questions? Default Website?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by NetDreamz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. NetDreamz

NetDreamz New Member

ok, Im' new to linux, followed the how-to for Ubuntu Breezy, everything went fine. When I created websites, I created netdreamz.net first, as this is my domain. with www as the hostname. I then created dracosworld.com, and behrs1.com. friends of mine who have sites they want me to host. It would show netdreamz.net as my default site, however now it shows behrs1.com ad the default site. Any ideas?

All three of these domains have already been purchased, none of which are through godaddy. Can I make dns records on my server for these domains, would they propagate? What steps do I need to take to make sure that anyone who types in these domains is directed to my server.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Default Site:
    What do you mean with Default site? When you get another site in the browser then expected, there will be either wrong IP settings in ISPCOnfig or the DNS A-REcord for the domain is not pointing to your server IP. If you are in a NAT enviroment (behind a router), you have to use your private IP-Address for the websites in ISPConfig.
    Nameserver:
    You can make DNS records in ISPConfig if the server is authoritive for the domains, that means that you set the namesever at your domain registry to point to your server.