Which Distro for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by tomd, Nov 20, 2006.

1. tomd

tomd New Member

I have have installed ISPConfig on Ubuntu 6.06 using Falko's Howto's. They are such an excellent guide. But I suspect that Ubuntu does not like my hardware (older Compaq DL320 G1 with Serverworks chipset) It is crashing on a weekly basis.

This machine runs well on RedHat (it used to run RedHat ES 3) and I was figuring that Fedora might be happier with the older chipset. Does ISPConfig prefer running on a specific version of Linux?

Or would be more advisable to upgrade to newer hardware. This is a low traffic environment so raw power is not a big issue.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig runs fine on any supported linux distribution. If you use older hardware, I recommend to give Debian a try.

I have no experience with Compaq DL320, which processor and how much ram does it have?

3. tomd

tomd New Member

PIII 800MHz. with a gigabyte of RAM.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

For a low traffic site its ok, if you dont use too much pages with php / mysql.

5. tomd

tomd New Member

The sites on this machine are very low traffic - maybe a hundred visits a day among them all. Email is probably the bigger resource use.

Thanks for the info.