which distro

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by guidovanh, Feb 23, 2007.

1. guidovanh

guidovanh Member

Well, I am back here, trying again to setup ISPConfig with another computer.
    Which distro is the best for ISPConfig?
    I followed a link in one of the documentation sites. The link was not working. So I want to know from other users which is the best...

2. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

The Distro there you use. Nobody can say fedora or ubunto is the best distro . You can ispconfig on lots of distro.

You can here see List of howto for ispconfig of some distro . http://www.ispconfig.de/documentation.htm

I use Debian and find nice and other people means suse is the best. this is a very difficult question.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I give my vote for Debian too :)

4. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

As a webserver I recommend debian.. it's rockstable... you maybe want to wait for another few weeks until the next debian release (v4) is out.

5. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

weeks or months?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

MY personal opinion: Debian is best, SuSE is worst.

8. planet_fox

planet_fox Member HowtoForge Supporter

Whats is with Gentoo .

I see many problems when I musst my Sarge upgrade to Etch.

@Till have you upgrade to etch or new install. I which a Howto Perfekt upgrade
    Debian Sarge to Etch. I have Idee I Download the System of my server to my workstation and play at home with upgrade.

9. jnsc

jnsc rotaredoM Moderator

Personally I also like Debian. But when you see the count of remaining RC Bugs, I don't think that Etch will be out soon.