Which php.ini ?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Tom John, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Tom John

Tom John Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi guys,

i am running ISPConfig 3,14 with ubuntu 18.04 according to

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...pureftpd-bind-postfix-doveot-and-ispconfig/2/

while uploading a new theme to wordpress on this server i get the error:

"the link you followed has expired."

i found in forums that the problem can be the php.ini that i have to change the upload_max_file size from 2M to about 64 M
    My problem is which php.ini i have to change?
    i changed the /etc/php/7.2/fpm/php but after starting apache new i still have the same problem.

maybe you can give me some help

thanks so much

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thet's the right php.ini fi you use php-fpm mode. To apply your changes, restart php7.2-fpm and not apache

3. Tom John

thanks for your reply.
    i started fpm new but i still have the same problem with wordpress and get the error
    "the link you follow has expired"
    for be sure i started the server again but i still have the same problem that i can not upload a new theme because maybe the size of the theme is 8 MB but i allowed already 64M upload_max_file

Do you have any idea?
    thanks again for your kind help

4. till

Which PHP mode does this website use? Does it really use php-fpm?
    You can also the the max upload size and other values in the php.ini field of the website.
    And details on PHP errors of a website can be found in the error.log of that website.

5. Tom John

hi, thanks for your answer.
    according to ispconfig the website use php-fpm, i configure this in website, web domain.
    is there another way to check if the website use php-fpm?
    in the error logs it get:
    Code:
    [Tue Jul 30 10:50:02.625963 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 8024] [client 139.59.40.216:50100] AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown\n'
    [Tue Jul 30 10:50:03.690848 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 8022] [client 139.59.40.216:50194] AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown\n'
    [Tue Jul 30 18:00:14.592557 2019] [cgi:error] [pid 23816] [client 128.14.133.58:43618] AH02811: script not found or unable to stat: /usr/lib/cgi-bin/config.exp

Where do i find the php.ini of the website? i work with wordpress
    thanks a lot for your kind help

6. till

Add a file with the phpinfo() command in the website and then open the URL in a browser. This will show you all details about the used PHP version, PHP mode and location of the php.ini file.

7. Tom John

Here is the phpinfo file:
    http://free-invoice.net/info.php
    this i put into the php.ini:
    Code:
    upload_max_filesize = 64M

so normally it should work but it doesnt.
    maybe you have an idea why?
    thanks a lot for you kind help

8. till

The upload file size is set to 64MB as you can see in the phpinfo result, so your config change is working fine and has been applied correctly.