while installing i screwed up the 'please enter' part

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ghmercado, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ghmercado

ghmercado New Member

hey folks. I was following the instns at this page: http://www.ispconfig.org/manual_installation.htm

when i got to this part:

Please enter your MySQL server: E.G. localhost
    Please enter your MySQL user: E.G. root
    Please enter your MySQL password: Your MySQL password
    Please enter a name for the ISPConfig database: E.g. ispconfigdb
    Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web: E.g. 192.168.0.1
    Please enter the host name: E.g. www
    Please enter the domain: E.g. xyz.de

i mistakenly entered the wrong mysql password :D . Anyway, I forget what happened next exactly, except I had to reboot for some reason (i think it was unresponsive after awhile), and I went thru ./setup again, and this time it went through to the very end, saying I had successfully installed it.

but when I check out http://192.168.1.6:81, I get a blank page (although http://192.168.1.6 results in a dir page, meaning apache's working).

So basically, I want to go back to that part where I go through the "Please Enter your".... phase, so I can correct all the info.

Is it saved in some config file somewhere? Where and how do I edit it? Or do I just go through ./setup again? (someone needs to write on the install page that it can take as long as an hour btw).

Many thanks!!!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please make sure that you have neta refresh, header redirects and javascript enabled in your browser. Please try e.g. firefox to get a better error message in case your SSL cert is corrupted.

A reinstallation is most likely not nescessary.

3. ghmercado

ghmercado New Member

im sorry for not being clear. I am using Firefox, the message is:

Unable to connect
    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.6:81.

4. till

Please run:

netstat -tap

and:

iptables -L

on your server and post the output.

5. ghmercado

ghmercado New Member

sudo netstat -tap results:

Code:
    myadmin@myserver:~$ sudo netstat -tap
    Password:
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State                                                                    PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             805/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN     4                                                             042/proftpd: (acce
    tcp        0      0 myserver:domain       *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             609/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             609/named
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             947/master
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             609/named
    tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             679/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             714/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             694/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             659/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     4                                                             085/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             972/sshd
    tcp6       0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             947/master
    tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:953       *:*                     LISTEN     3                                                             609/named
    tcp6       0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     4                                                             085/apache2
    tcp6       0    296 myserver:ssh          ::ffff:192.168.1.5:1961 ESTABLISHED4                                                             145/sshd: myadm
    sudo iptables -L results:

Code:
    myadmin@myserver:~$ sudo iptables -L
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    thanks so much till

6. till

I hope you did not run the ISPConfig setup script trough sudo as this wont work. You must run it as root user.

ISPConfig is not running at all, so I guess the complete setup ISPConfig setup is not ok. In this case, you will have to reinstall ISPConfig.

1) Switch to the root user:

sudo -s

2) Uninstall ISPConfig:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall

3) Unpack and install ISPConfig again.

7. ghmercado

ghmercado New Member

argg kinda suspected that. but sorry had to ask here anyway since the installation takes so long i wanted to make sure before I tried again.

question though, i do not seem to have uninstall:

Code:
    root@myadmin-mail:/root/ispconfig# cd /root/ispconfig/uninstall
    bash: cd: /root/ispconfig/uninstall: No such file or directory
    any other way to uninstall? many thanks again.

8. till

Yes, just run:

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
    rm -rf /home/admispconfig

and delete the ISPConfig mysql database.