Who should i contact if i willing to pay for strong password enforcement?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by [email protected], Nov 28, 2013.

1. noc@viewqwest.com

[email protected] New Member

Hi ISPConfig developers,

We would like to have ISPConfig that enforce a strong password. We understand that this is not possible until some kind of source code changes.

Who sholud I talk to or contact for this feature request?

Please advise,

Thanks
    Philip

2. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi Philip,

like Croydon mentioned, we are working on this feature already and it will be part of the 3.0.5.4 release. The development of this feature has been sponosred by the ISP company "Globe" from Germany.

If you find features that you need urgently and that you like to sponsor, then please contact me by email to dev [at] ispconfig [dot] org

4. noc@viewqwest.com

[email protected] New Member

Hi Till/Croydon,

Thanks for the reply. My ISPConfig version now is 3.0.3.3 , can i direct upgrade to 3.0.5.4 in the future?

the word "sponsor" meaning we can request a new feature and pay certain of amount to developer, is that correct?

Thanks

5. till

Yes. There are several ways that a new feature can become part of ISPConfig.

- A feature is listed on the roadmap for ISPconfig because the core developers agreed on adding it because we find it important for the future direction of the project.
    - Someone develops a new feature which is not on the roadmap and submits a patch or even better, makes a merge request for the code changes on our git server http://git.ispconfig.org. We will review the code then and if the feature is useful and implemented correctly and does not break existing setups, then we will add it or discuss with the developer how it can be improved.
    - A feature is requested in our bugtracker http://bugtracker.ispconfig.org, when it gets enough votes, we will add it to the roadmap.
    - A company or individual needs a feature urgently, so adding a feature request and waiting that someone else votes for it would take too long or a feature that is kind of specific that its unikely that it will get enough votes. In this case, please contact us and we can give you a quote what the development of this feature would cost.

6. till

Better update to 3.0.4.6 first, you find the older versions archived at sourceforge.net