Wich php to use with joomla sites?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Appie Thrasher, May 4, 2015.

1. Appie Thrasher

Appie Thrasher Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I have updated my server to the new dedian 8 using the perfect install guides. After i installed ISPC it was time to upload my site's to the server and installing them with akeeba pro. the only way I got it to work was with PHP-FPM enabled, but is this the correct one to use?
    Now i get blank pages when I try to install normally this was an php.ini problem with file size but I have my sites set with custom php.ini to 500M
    does PHP-FPM still uses this custom settings or do I use a total diferend setting as of now..?

TIA

Appie

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The recommended php modes are php-fcgi or php-fpm.suexec should be on. The settings in the custom php.ini field get loaded into php-fpm.

You can check with a phpinfo() file if your custom php.ini settings were applied.

3. Appie Thrasher

I dont have php-fcgi ? so did something go wrong with my perfect install? and yes in the joomla backend I can see the 500M for post and uploading so thats loaded correctly

BTW Thanks for this quick repley Till

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Did you install php-fpm (apt-get install libapache2-mod-fastcgi php5-fpm) and activate the module?

5. Appie Thrasher

Yes I did, did not get any error message with install. Can I do it again? just to be sure or do that mes things up more badly..?