Won't logon!

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by timaaarrreee, Aug 31, 2008.

1. timaaarrreee

timaaarrreee ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Ive installed ispconfig on 2 other servers ant they both wont let me login with username admin pass admin can i fix this rather than going through a whole install?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Did you create the mysql db for ispconfig manually or was it created by the installer?
    2) Did you install the ispconfig sql dump manually or was it installed by the installer automatically?
    3) Did you use the mysql root user to install ispconfig?
    4) Does your mysql password contain any special chars?

3. timaaarrreee

well i let the installer creat the db aswell as the tabels. But i do have a very complex root password containing symbols, capitals and numbers e.g $h&7k(38Tt if thats what you mean.

4. till

Yes, this is causing the problem. Please do not use special chars like $ and ( in the password as they might get interpreted by the shell script that installs ispconfig.

5. timaaarrreee

ok thanks for that because now that i remember my current server passwd has a simple password. Will i be able to change a config file in ispconfig now and change my root password? Or would it be best to start over?

6. till

I think you will have to reinstall ispconfig as the database was not installed correctly and changing the password just in ISPConfig wont fix it. Please run:

/root/ispconfig/uninstall

then change your mysql root password e.g. with the "mysqladmin" command and then reinstall ispconfig.

7. timaaarrreee

ok then thank for the help with this i would have never guessed it was the complexity of the password :)