Wordpress install error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pier-Luc, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Pier-Luc

Pier-Luc New Member

Hello! It's me again!
    Again I followed the Perfect server Debian 10 installation on a raspberry pi 4 and I'm facing a new problem

I can access the control panel just fine, create a client, create a website. But when I try to install wordpress, it goes from install planned to install error. I've tried to look in apache error log, but there's nothing there to help me (anyway, I'm not sure I would understand
    ). Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place, I don't know... Can you help me out?

Maybe it's linked to my previous password issue (on step 19, I had an error with the mysql password). I've been facing the same problem on this install even if my keyboard was set right all along. If it's not that, then I'm clueless...

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i take it this is using the app install from the ispconfig interface?
    if so, that wordpress version is already out of date. the owners of the system keeping all the app images have made it private, no more free up-to-date app installs. if you're on a single server you could try using softaculous with ispconfig, although there is a fee for using them.

i'd suggest you create the database and database user in the ispconfig interface manually, and then install wordpress manually for now.
    at least to make sure everything does install ok and there isn't any underlying issue.

going forward, you could script the install yourself, it can be done completely using the ispconfig api and bash/php scripts.
    if you install wp-cli you can simplify a lot of it with that, and use that to automate a lot of wordpress maintenance as well.

there are some people on here looking at creating their own little app repo and putting the more frequently used apps in there, wordpress, joomla etc. not sure what progress has been made on that, search on here for keywords like 'app' 'repo' 'softaculous', and you should come across some of those discussions.

Pier-Luc likes this.
  3. Pier-Luc

Pier-Luc New Member

Thank you so much nhybgtvfr

Since I'm new to all this, is there an existing tutorial explaining how to build a that kind of script? Or somewhere I can learn how and use it..?

Even if you don't know. Thank you :)

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

there's plenty of info out there, google for wp-cli and you'll find instructions on how to install and use it, or go to wp-cli.org
    if you download and extract the install files for ispconfig, there'll be a folder included in that with some details about the api and examples for using it.
    bash scripts are basically just a list of all the commands you would use on the cli, in sequence, in a file. there is a bit more to it than that, but that's the gist of it.
    and either you know php well enough to know what it is, and what php scripts are, and already have some idea how to create them, even if it involves lots of referring to google/programming books, or you don't, in which case you'll be starting off by googling something like 'learn php' or 'php for beginners'
    how simple/complicated it all gets depends on just how much of it you want automated, and how much you're willing to do through the ispconfig interface.

Pier-Luc likes this.