Wordpress Install Problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kungfuice, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kungfuice

kungfuice New Member

Hello,

I've just installed ISPConfig, and I am trying to configure my blog. I uploaded the wordpress files to the web directory, and edited my wp-config.php file with the appropriate db settings, but when I try to access any sub directories of my blog like the wp-admin/install.php directory I get a 500 Error.

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If there are any .htaccess file in the web root or subdirectories, check that the directives inside the .htaccess files are allowed for the website and that the nescessary apache modules are loaded.

Which errors do you get in the error log file that is in the logs directory of the website?

3. JoeJoe

JoeJoe New Member

I had the same problem.. turned out i was tryin to access the domain without "www" when i clearly had typed www in the hostname as instructed but the how to. Also clearing cache helped in the end :eek:

4. kungfuice

kungfuice New Member

Yeah that's not the case here, I'm accessing the right domain, and have cleared the cache several times.

Any other ideas?

5. kungfuice

kungfuice New Member

Ok I fixed this, I realized it was a mod_security problem. Had to make some changes to the mod_security section of the apache2.conf file and now everything works perfectly.

Thanks everyone for your help, you may close this thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.