wordpress plugin install fails with 500 Error

Discussion in 'General' started by arvindikchari, Oct 16, 2012.

1. arvindikchari

arvindikchari New Member

Hi

I have added the wordpress plugins folder as well as "web" (root web folder) to Open_BaseDir list of directories, for a domain.

Now I am trying to install a plugin using Wordpress admin->plugins->upload- however immediately after upload I am getting "Error 500- Internal Server Error" message

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
    Arvind.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ensure that you use as php mode "php-fcgi" and that suexec is enabled for the website. Then check that all files and folders in the web directory of the site belong to the web[id] user and client[id] group of this website.

3. testpress

testpress New Member

i have done this and a bunch more and nothing seems to help. am running ubuntu ispconfig apache and the moment you modify the database, even activating preloaded plugins, it fails to 500 erro with the yellow header

4. till

I run several wordpess blogs on a ISPConfig server that is installed as descrbed in the perfect server setup, all work lawlessly. You should take a look at the error.log of the website to find the reason for the problem on your server.

5. inside83

inside83 Member

@till
    I'm having the same issuer. Error 500 when uploading plugin in WordPress - strangely, not all plugins are affected.
    Where to find error log in ISPconfig?

6. till

You find the error.log of the website in the log directory of the website.

inside83 likes this.
  7. inside83

inside83 Member