Working ISPconfig, but all sites went blank suddenly!

Discussion in 'General' started by zenny, Oct 12, 2007.

1. zenny

zenny Member

I had a working ISPconfig till yesterday for years (thanks to Falko) and all the sites that I created were working till then. But all of sudden, all sites stopped responding (they give blank pages or server not found error).

I didn't change anything in the meantime. I checked the site specific error logs but there I found nothing (empty). However, I can access the ISPConfig control panel (I have ISPConfig 2.2.9 installed in remote server).

ssh with IP address is possible, but the admin owners could not ssh with their domain names like 'ssh [email protected]"

I found it very weird behavior, could anyone suggest me where did I went wrong? The PHP Safe mode is off for all sites. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This looks as if the DNS server for your domains is down. Do you use the DNS server on your ISPConfig server or a external DNS from your provider?

3. zenny

zenny Member

I use the local DNS server

Thanks Till for reply. I use my own DNS server in the same machine with two public IPs. I just wonder the base domain is accessible remotely. But only the addon domains were not working. Meaning the DNS server is working alright, if I assume right?

And the status of BIND server is on. I have debian-based system.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007
  4. zenny

zenny Member

Wierd Solution

Now after about 24 hours, the sites starts working without me doing anything. Isn't it weird behaviour of ISPConfig?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

It can take up to 72 hours until DNS changes propagate.

6. zenny

zenny Member

No DNS changes

There is no change of DNS, no changes were made. Still the problem recurred two times. I never experienced that in the past.