Wrong PHP Version Ubuntu 12.10 Perfect Server Install

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by darinpeterson, Feb 16, 2013.

1. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

I followed the instructions provided for the Ubuntu 12.10 Perfect Server installation to install ISPConfig 3 on Wheezy: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-12.10-apache2-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3

In following these instructions I expected PHP 5.3.18 to be installed on the system, but PHP info, php -i indicates:

PHP Version => 5.4.4-12

I have software that has been written in 5.3, and my live server is running Squeeze and 5.3. I need to get back to running PHP 5.3 to avoid complications.

What is the best way for me to do this without causing problems with ISPConfig 3 operations?

2. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

Ok, a bad idea?

Since nobody has replied, maybe it's a bad idea to downgrade my version of PHP?

Thoughts on the matter?

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you have ISPConfig 3.0.4 or 3.0.5 installed? In 3.0.4, the system's default PHP version is used (which is 5.4.4), while in 3.0.5, you can select the PHP version to be used.

4. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

Hi Falko,

I upgraded to ISPConfig 3.0.5. phpinfo() indicates that I am now using PHP 5.3.18, but Xdebug no longer works in Google Chrome.

When I was using PHP v5.4, Xdebug and PhpStorm played well together, everything worked.

I have been working for two hours trying to resolve this issue, but cannot get Xdebug to work in PHP 5.3.18.

I make changes to my configuration, and check them in: http://xdebug.org/wizard.php, and it always reports this:

I have done all of those things that I'm told to do, but it's not working. Here is the config information tacked on to the end of my php.ini file from /var/www/conf/web1:

Code:
    ;xdebug configuration
    ;the line immediately below is for php v5.4
    ;zend_extension =/usr/lib/php5/20100525/xdebug.so
    zend_extension=/opt/php-5.3.18/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so
    xdebug.remote_host=192.168.1.200
    xdebug.remote_enable=1
    xdebug.remote_port=9000
    xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
    xdebug.remote_mode=req
    Do you have any idea what I need to do to get Xdebug working with PhpStorm again using this configuration?

Thank you,
    Darin

5. falko

Does /opt/php-5.3.18/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/xdebug.so exist?

6. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

Yes, the xdebug.so file exists

darin@darin:/var/www/aaabs.org/web/sites$ ls -l /opt/php-5.3.18/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/
    total 972
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 992864 Feb 17 09:07 xdebug.so

7. falko

Are all directories up to /opt/php-5.3.18/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/ readable?

8. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

The following directories and the xdebug.so file all have the same permissions 751, php-5.3.18, lib, php, extension, no-debug-non-zts-20090626. Owner is root and group is root.

9. falko

Try 755 permissions.

10. darinpeterson

darinpeterson Member

The changes had no impact.