wrt54g set up as hotspot

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Ovidiu, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

hi guys,

I just tried this howto: http://www.howtoforge.com/wifi_hotspot_setup

I is all setup just fine but I encounter some understanding problems when it comes about their terms....

I'LL just paste another post from another forum here instead of typing it all over again.

please anyone can you help me out? it seems others are successfully using these tools :-(

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly is your problem?

3. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

the problem is this: all those tools use a common database.

freeradius tels me to configure clients, I understood it is talking about setting up one client=Hotspot I have, so I start with one in the /etc/freeradius/clients.conf

then I go on and phpmyprepaid tells me about setting up locations which seems to be only informative:

I understood I setup a location, like this:

so noiw to this location, i.e. my city I add an AP:

the I get to the config of dialupadmin, the tutorial says to add a NAS (=AP ???) in the naslist.conf, I did it like this:

so thats basically my problem, why do I enter all that info in 3 different places? do I have to? how does it work together?

have I made myself more clear by now?

4. yaem

yaem New Member

The same Problem has YAEM to.

Everything works well. But without any result. The secrets and key are the same, the database is the same, butt wenn i log in nothing happens.

"Sorry, try again" ;-)

Dialupadmins testpage has no result, but freeradius-deamon schould be running.

thanks for help yaem

5. hotixpot

hotixpot New Member

The same pb and questions as Tenaka.
    S.O have the responses?
    Excuse my english..:D