www, mysql folder in limited /var partition by mistake

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bpmee, Oct 1, 2009.

1. bpmee

bpmee Member

Hi,

A couple months ago I installed ISPconfig on a new server, and everything was fine.

Then, MySQL stopped running, and it was because my /var partition (9.7 GB) was completely full. It seems all my databases are stored there, and of course the usual /var/www for ISPconfig websites.

I did a
    Code:
    df -h

command and it appears my /var partition is 100% full. On the other hand, my /home partition has plenty of space.

Is it possible to:
    1. Symlink /var/www -> /home/www and copy all /var/www contents to /home/www ?
    2. Symlink MySQL in the /var folder -> /home/mysql and copy all Mysql to the /home/mysql folder?

This would alleviate lots of space, since my web host provider installed the server so that /var would only contain temporary log files, not whole websites and MySQL.

Thanks in advance for any ideas! I'd rather not get into re-partitioning :eek: since I have over 300 sites and databases!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I think both should work, but I haven't tried this yet. But quota won't work anymore because you've set up quota on /var, but all files are now on your /home partition. But if you don't need quota, I don't see a problem.