x clients - one mail domain

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by bajlek, Jan 24, 2017.

1. bajlek

bajlek New Member

Hello, please can someone tell if is possible to have this..?

VIP Reseller can have multimple domains for emails and clients, so reseller can choose domain for client -> VIP reseller manage (can user
    STANDART Reseller can have only one domain for email and multiple clients with that domain -> STANDART reseller manage
    CLIENTS can not have any own domain but can choose from existing domain from their reseller or global and can create 1 email box -> CLIENT can manage passwords, forwwards etc, cano login with roundcube.

CLIENTS are made by admin or resellers and I want basic functions like postfix admin to users with client page ISPConfig.

If is this not possible to do, can roundcube users (only them I can aprove) change their passwords?

I use ISPConfig 3.1.1p1
    I don't know if I describe it clearly...can someone help? I have basics in phpmyadmin, php, bash. My ISP is running on VPS server and I have shell access ..

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I believe you can change email account passwords when you install the plugin (https://github.com/w2c/ispconfig3_roundcube).

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can create such mail accounts with ispconfig (e.g. trough the remote api) but not within ispconfig (at least the email owners can not do it, you as admin would be able to do it, as an email domain can not have multiple owners). Password changing by the owner of the email address is possible trough roundcube and also trough ispconfig as the owner of a email account can login with his email address and password into ISPConfig and edit his password, autoresponder and mail filter rules.

Vince7 likes this.
  4. bajlek

bajlek New Member

Thank you very much Till! I didn't know that I can use email account as login to ispconfig, that solve everything I need. Thank you again!

5. Vince7

Vince7 New Member

I have one client who cannot login into ispconfig with his email. How can i solve that probleme ?

6. till

Is the mail account working? Can he login to webmail with this address and password?

7. Vince7

Vince7 New Member

Yes. But now, i have great problem.
    I tried to configure the basic network of my server following the Ispconfig Manuel. At the end, i canot access anything on my server ( ssh, site, ...) . I canot acces to https://69.64.34.44:8080/login/ but i can access shell in recovery mode
    What can I do please ?

8. till

Check the network config file and set the correct network data there. The file is /etc/network/interfaces on Debian and Ubuntu. When you can reach the ispconfig interface again, then disable the network config option there.

9. Vince7

Vince7 New Member

I run nano/etc/network/interfaces. The file is empty

10. Vince7

Vince7 New Member

I am in recovery system

11. till

You have to mount the harddisk partition of the original installation and there you edit the /etc/network/interfaces file.