X-Virus-Status: Failed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Morons, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Morons

Morons Member

After installing the current version of ISP config I found no errors but after inspectiing the INTERNET HEADERS on the incomming mail (worked like an charm) I saw this in there!

Does this mean no virus chackes were done and - How to fix it
    !

TUVM

X-Virus-Status: Failed
    X-Virus-Report: Internal error mktemp MSGTMP failed
    X-Virus-Checker-Version:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

These headers could also have been inserted by one of the previous mail servers that the mail went through.
    Any errors in your mail log?

3. Morons

Morons Member

Hi,
    Checked and found the problem
    I dowwnloaded the ISPConfig-2.2.6.tar.gz file into the /root/ folder and installed from there.
    The setup configured the default tmp path for clamassasin in the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/clamassassin to be /root/tmp insted of just /tmp therefore clamassassin had no wrights to make temp files inside the /root/ folder.
    I think this could count as an Setup BUG!

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

We'll check that.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which linux distribution do you use?

I just installed on CentOS and there the temp path is correct.

6. cambo

cambo New Member

Same problem - same solution.

Hi Guys
    Using Perfect Mandriva Free 2007 + ISPConfig 2.2.8
    I had this exact same problem, and the solution was as described. Works fine now.
    Cambo

7. Morons

Morons Member

HI,
    My setup Mandriva 2007 Powerpack (the one you buy) installd as per Free, there was absolutely no difference the Powerpack only contains some extra apps. I currently have 2.2.9 installed. It did it again in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/clamassassin I had to edit the line 47 that included TMPPATH=/root/tmp to read
    Code:
    # Configure your full path to where you want temporary files
    TMPPATH=/tmp
    Indeed funny really funny! as we the users dont enter values nor edit these values in any way! Campo thanx for posting as I checked my setup and testmails through my system and found this error again!

8. Morons

Morons Member

I dug into this and found on My mandriva there is environmental variables set
    Code:
    TMP=/root/tmp
    TMPDIR=/root/tmp
    What the source of this is I have no idea, the folders/directories does exist. /root/tmp looks like this
    Code:
    drwx------ 5 root root     1024 Feb  1 08:34 tmp/
    VS the /tmp
    Code:
    drwxrwxrwt  11 root root  8192 Feb  1 09:15 tmp/
    I hope Till Brehm can find this usefull.

9. cambo

cambo New Member

Hmm It seems like ISPConfig picks up the environment variables from the system it is installing on and writes them into the different config files.
    I am not sure why the Mandriva crew has a /root/tmp folder.
    Wouldn't the /tmp do?
    Oh well, system is now working and if I do any more installs I will know what to look at next time.
    On to my next issue! :)