xml needs to be enabled

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rasterburn, Feb 14, 2007.

1. rasterburn

rasterburn New Member

hey, does anyone know how to enable xml on version 2.2.9 without haveing to upgrade to 2.3.0? I would like to automate account registration on my server but xml needs to be enabled.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In the file install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile is a configure statement for PHP that contains several --disable-* statements for XML. If you remove them, PHP is compiled with XML. But make sure that you have libxml2-dev installed.

3. rasterburn

rasterburn New Member

OK thanks, i will make sure to adjust that file before i install ISPConfig, i just got finished doing a pre-cp, pre-security, pre-site, pre-client, Full system backup to a cd useing mondo, great backup utility for linux, figured i would do a backup before i start installing the cp and the security and hosting sites and haveing paying customers just incase something goes wrong in the process and one of the server apps crashes with no restore and forces me to spend 2 - 3 hours reconfigureing the entire server.

4. rasterburn

rasterburn New Member

ok so i just got ISPConfig unpacked on my server and i looked in install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile to enable xml but i am unsure if i should remove the disables completly from the script so they are non-existant in the script or change the disables to enables, please reply with a bit more information on the matter.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can unpack the PHP that comes with ISPConfig, and run
    Code:
    ./configure --help
    in the PHP source directory. That gives you all configuration options.