XMPP

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by francoisPE, Dec 12, 2020.

1. francoisPE

francoisPE Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I am trying to configure xmpp server with ispconfig 3.2.
    I have a server ispconfig 3.2 on ubuntu20.04 (perfect server and metronome installed)
    I follow manual and install domain (same name as mail domain) + create one user and try to connect with thunderbird.
    I seems that SRV DNS is needed. I don't know how to fill it : Hostname, Target, Weight ?
    Is there a tuto somewhere I can follow ? I look into howtoforge but find nothing.
    Many thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

XMPP support has been discontinued in ISPConfig 3.2 because it does not work with current metronome versions anymore, the author of metronome has changed the whole way it's software gets configured, so recent metronome versions became incompatible with ISPConfig and we had to remove instructions from all recent install guides.

3. francoisPE

francoisPE Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

o_O:(
    Nevertheless, thanks for your quick answer !

4. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

I completely understand what you've said, @till, and it's all clear in all notes in the forum and elsewhere. For the future it would be good to have a small break-out group to discuss the creation of a New mechanism to support XMPP from ISPConfig. This can be discussed in a slack team, Discord, Gitter, etc. XMPP isn't high on my priority list now but it is on the radar.

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These discussions have took place in the past and someone tried implementing support for a new XMPP server, but that didn't work out and no one else picked up development. Because there isn't much interest, we let it go.

6. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

That all sounds fair. OK, never mind. :) Thanks bud.