Yahoo deferred emails

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Pedro A., Nov 8, 2022.

1. Pedro A.

Pedro A. New Member

Hi!
    I'm not lucky.
    One of mi ispconfig email server has benn blocked bay Yahoo and I'm desperate because although I've opened various cases with Yahoo support team, they clean their hands about the problem.
    When I send an email to Yahoo/AOL destination I recieve this:

host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.228.94] said: 421
    4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx temporarily deferred due to
    unexpected volume or user complaints - 4.16.55.1;

I've checked all Ispconfig configuration (like mail traffic, dns reverse, ptr, dkim...), I'm not blacklisted by common spam lists (I've used mxtoolbox) and all seems to be ok. Even I've waited for two days without send email to Yahoo. Nothing works.
    Then, searching over internet I've found this post: rackaid.com/blog/yahoo-defers-cpanel-mail/
    This says there's a parameter that could be modified and solves the problem but I can't find that on Ispconfig.
    The parameter is hosts_max_try_hardlimit and the solution passes for reducing the number of retries of email delivery to each server.
    ¿There's something like this in Ispconfig???
    Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's not related to ISPConfig, its a setting of the MTA. This is an Exim config option, but your server uses postfix as MTA.

Pedro A. likes this.
  3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Check if there are queued e-mails on your e-mail server going to Yahoo. As root command
    Code:
    mailq
    . If you purge those from the queue and make sure new messages are not generated on your host Yahoo may lift the ban.

Pedro A. likes this.
  4. Pedro A.

Pedro A. New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    There's any option to configure this at postfix like Exim??? (or any alternative solution).
    Thanks.

5. Pedro A.

Pedro A. New Member

ilq
    Hi!
    I've deleted mail queue and I'll try to send mails to Yahoo tomorrow.
    I'll say something If it works, but if works this is a temporary solution, isn't it?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I doubt that the mentioned config option fixes the issue. If normal mail retries would be an issue with yahoo, then nobody would be able to send emails to them. E.g. Postfix systems double the time span between retries, so they take care of their own to not flood a receiving server.

But you can restrict retries in postfix as well of course, you should find plenty of examples when you search for that topic with google.

7. Pedro A.

Pedro A. New Member

Hi!
    After I cleared mail queue, apparently the problem is solved.
    Thanks for the answers guys!