Yet another interesting problem...

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Feb 23, 2023.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm using rainloop for webmail and various sent emails are not showing up in the Sent folder.
    The emails are clearly present in the Maildir under /var/vmail/website.com/username

I suspect dovecot files are corrupted and need a reindex.
    doveadm force-resync -u user Mailbox
    is the command. but is the user the virtual user in ispconfig? or a linux user (which would not exist).
    and all the Mailboxes in /var/vmail/userwebsite/username start with a Period.
    the example says doveadm force-resync -u username INBOX to redo the inbox.
    but the INBOX is not named that .
    There is a box in the maildir called '.Sent'.
    so is the proper syntax doveadm force-resync -u [email protected] .Sent?
    or Sent with no period?
    inquiring minds and all that!

2. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

and another interesting question - been playing with a DNS zone template - how can I add the AllowTransfers ip address in the template? is that possible? I didnt find in the manual any examples or listing of the variables we can use in the templates!
    a full listing of the variables I can incorporate would be most gratifying!

Thanks Till. I think my static ip has moved successfully! will know for sure mar 2 when the old one gets turned off!
    And finally not sure you might be interested but I created a PerfectInstaller script. does a perfect server install on Centos. and now Rocky. and it does all the commands you give us. and even pulls off some of the more complicated files from my server and wgets them that so you have a really minimal amount of typing!
    happy to contribute it.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The variable is named xfer.