YIKES problem after upgrading from 3.0.5 to 3.1!!!! missing fields in almost everything

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by craig baker, Oct 3, 2016.

1. craig baker

craig baker Member HowtoForge Supporter

when I did the upgrade via ./ispconfig-update.sh first it hung half way through the listing of unpacked files (never made it to 'start upgrade').
    I ran it again and it seemed to complete properly - but when I log in to 3.1 I see to my horror that MOST of my information is missing!!!!
    there is no client information (I only ever used client0)
    there is no information when I look at a website or email - it shows some of the fields (under websites)
    *** ALL DOMAIN FIELD ENTRIES ARE MISSING!!! ****
    DOMAINS all missing from email entries as well!
    I've attached a pic of one of the website entries... (notice all the blank entries!!!)
    what is going on???? how do I fix it? near panic!!

how do I go back to 3.0.5???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. craig baker

still in panic mode - how do I fix it and I cant repopulate the fields by memory (would that even work???????)
    will my server now collapse if for example ispconfig decides to rewrite the .vhost files with missing information???
    what can I do to FIX this????? and surely this is huge problem.
    did ispconfig 3.1 require more than php5.3? if so why didnt it ask?
    can someone log in and fix this for me????

4. craig baker

why did I do this upgrade anyway :(

5. craig baker

where does ispconfig save the database with the domain names email domains vhosts etc??? and did it save that before doing the upgrade?

6. till

I posted a link which described exactly what you should do now. Click on that link, read post #6 and follow the instructions.

7. till

And please do just what is described in that post. Most likely there is no real problem, just the domain name from the database can not be displayed in the interface due to a broken PHP extension at the moment. So do not panic! But if you start to do other things now, then it is likely that you break your server which is probably still fine at the moment, so do not do any other steps, just add the line in that file and check if the domain name shows up again in the website settings.

8. craig baker

...sigh... ok domains are back. wowsa that was a NASTY SURPRISE.
    all good. WHEW!!!!!!!!

9. craig baker

one more thing in the old monitor_tools.inc.php file we had a section for raid and I put in some code to check the LSI raid controller on my server to give a proper raid state output - this section seems to be gone where did it go?

10. till

The monitor code has been splitted now into plugins, you can find them in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/