"You do not have the necessary privileges"

Discussion in 'General' started by jmroth, May 18, 2008.

1. jmroth

jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I am trying to delete a co-domain which occurs twice, once under the correct account, once somewhere else. No idea, why the same co-domain can be under two different accounts.
    When I try to delete the co-domain under the wrong account I get a "You do not have the necessary privileges to read or edit this entry." although I am logged in as the admin. Is it ok to just delete it from the DB or is it referenced somewhere else?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Take a backup of the ISPConfig DB before you do this. The domain might be referenced in isp_nodes and isp_dep as well.

3. jmroth

I didn't really find much in the DB to delete, so I decided to delete the first entry that I was still able to delete in ISPConfig, and the second one (same co-domain in another web) disappeared with it.
    Then I received lots of errors. I emptied the recycle bin, logged out and in again. Now I was able to add the co-domain to the right web, and it seems to be working.
    Very strange...

4. jmroth

I have found more of those inconsistencies.
    Probably some wrong DB key used somewhere or just a database index that is not big enough and an existing is being erroneusly reused, although I believe the former.
    I don't know enough about the ISPC DB layout but if I can help by providing my DB (or parts of it) I would be willing to do so....

5. madmucho

madmucho ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I experimenced same behavior on ispconfig Version: 2.2.40

I must go directly to database, exacltly to `isp_isp_domain` and delete this bad asociated co-domain, was asociated to another website, and using GUI i dont have privileges to modify...wtf...so i delete them in databse and using GUI create to correct websites. Workaround, but worked.

But i realy cannot simulate that again. That must be error in time of save.