Your migration tool does not work

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by misterm, Jul 1, 2018.

1. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello
    About this:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-confixx-plesk-to-ispconfig-31-single-server/
    Or I have to install the migration tool:
    On the server or Web sites, database, FTP, SSH, are installed...
    Or on the server that must be migrating?
    When I try to connect to the Source server (which is for me the part of or all is installed) with the remote connection, it puts me this as error message:
    Thank you for enlightening me because I am lost.
    I'm licensed.
    Mz

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The migration tool has worked for me several migrations.
    This part of the howto you link to answers some of your questions.

3. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Run the mig-tool on the server that has the data (source) and not on the new server (target).

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You posted above the link to the migration tutorial and migration tutorial clearly states that you shall run the migration tool on the source server and not on the target server.

philgardner likes this.
  5. misterm

Till, your documentation is not complete, because when my dry is complete and I run a second time the function "./migrate" and reoffers the function "dry " to redo the configuration.
    Bug?
    Mz

6. misterm

Good this to work, but when it wants migrated the databases like this:
    It tells me that the database from the server to remote is nonexistent, faut'il create the databases on the remote server????
    Mz

7. till

That's exactly as it should be, so there is neither a bug nor are the instructions incomplete as the instructions tell you to use migrate instead of dry run on the second run.

8. till

The message you posted is insufficient to tell you what the reason for the problem is. It can be a missing database on the target or a missing database on the source or your target server is not installed correctly, e.g. you might have altered the MySQL root password but missed to change it in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

If you need help with the migration tool, then please contact the migration tool support by email: migsupport [at] ispconfig [dot] org and send them the migrate.log file of your current migration run.

9. misterm

10. till

You should not add anything to the source server after you finished the migration as changes you do on the source server will not get migrated to the target server unless you do the migration again.

11. misterm

The migration is planted on the source server because one of your technicians (if I remember you told me told me to send the logs of the crashing of the migration) voila.

12. till

The migration tool is always run on the source server and not the target. And when you want to do the migration again, then you can do that. Just run it again and chose to overwrite records during migration to ensure that you do not end up with duplicates.

13. till

I just had a look at the support log for your request, you were requested to run a command on your server and send the result back to the support. We never received an answer to that mail from you. If you still have any issues that databases were not created by ISPConfig on the new server, then please do what you were asked to in the support email: Run the command and send back the result of that command by email.