Zimabra SA Update for spamassassin now working

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tebogor, Sep 20, 2010.

1. tebogor

tebogor New Member

Zimabra SA Update for spamassassin not working

Please help i am new with Zimbra and would like to update spamassassin as am picking up allot of spam,the guy who use to manage this left and never update the spamassassin.

Output when i run sa-update manauly
    /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/bin# ./sa-update
    config: no configuration text or files found! please check your setup
    check: no loaded plugin implements 'check_main': cannot scan! at /opt/zimbra/zimbramon/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm line 164.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. tebogor

tebogor New Member

Any advice would be much aprecaited

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this... :(

4. chrisedes

chrisedes New Member

I had this problem too. I had to do a few things to solve it. I was really disappointed that no one posted a solution, so I will do just that.

One, since /opt/zimbra is owned by root, yet sa-update should be run as the zimbra user, I had to do the following as root:

mkdir /opt/zimbra/.gnupg
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/.gnupg
    chmod 700 /opt/zimbra/.gnupg

mkdir /opt/zimbra/.spamassassin
    chown zimbra:zimbra /opt/zimbra/.spamassassin

Two, sa-update still tried to create the .gnupg directory unless I specified the parameter manually with " --gpghomedir /opt/zimbra/.gnupg".

Three, I had to edit the sa-update script thus:

my $DEF_RULES_DIR = '/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin';
    my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin';
    # my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR = '/etc/mail/spamassassin';

You can see I commented out the default LOCAL_RULES_DIR definition and replaced it with the value for DEF_RULES_DIR.

Four, in addition to the change above, I had to specify the parameter "--updatedir /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin". So the command I used was:

./sa-update --gpghomedir /opt/zimbra/.gnupg --updatedir /opt/zimbra/conf/spamassassin

You can also pass "-D" to sa-update to put it into debug mode. That makes it a lot easier to fix any problems.