zoo-package with Ubuntu 18.04.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Husky110, May 17, 2019.

1. Husky110

Husky110 New Member

Hello Community,
    I am trying to install a mail-server using the multi-server setup on ubuntu 18.04 and I ran into a bit of trouble during the installation.
    The manual states the following apt-get order:
    Code:
    apt-get -y install amavisd-new spamassassin clamav clamav-daemon zoo unzip bzip2 arj nomarch lzop cabextract apt-listchanges libnet-ldap-perl libauthen-sasl-perl clamav-docs daemon libio-string-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ident-perl zip libnet-dns-perl postgrey
    Problem is: zoo has no installation-candiate on 18.04 and is in 16.04 only for historical reasons. Now I wonder what impact it may have not having zoo installed and if this is an issue that needs some updating.

Greetings

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

When I install multiserver setups, I use the Perfect Server Guide to install the hosts, and ISPConfig Manual to do the multiserver stuff. That is, I read both the Guide and the Manual.
    If Perfect Server Guide for Ubuntu 18.04 omits package zoo, then ISPConfig on that version does not need it.

3. Husky110

Husky110 New Member

I just skipped it aswell. I used the version in the manual - payed for that thing, might aswell gonna use it... ;)
    Thank you for your info.