Allow creating a database together with the website

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Rimas, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Often it's quite obvious that a new website will need a database. It would be nice if the website creation UI offered to create a single database together with the website.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

No, it is not necessarily needed IMHO.

There is however an old plugin created and shared by our member which you can search in the tip / trick board. Use it on your own risk though.

Rimas likes this.
  3. Rimas

Rimas New Member

@ahrasis, I didn't say that the database is always needed. But that is very often the case, at least in my experience.

Do you perhaps know what keywords I could use to search the forum for that plugin, or the exact URL to the forum topic?

4. ahrasis

You should look in the tip and trick board and it could be after 10 -15 pages back. I can't remember its name for now.

5. Rimas

Rimas New Member

@ahrasis, was it made for ISPConfig 2 or 3?

6. ahrasis

Should be ISPConfig 3 as I don't think it was too old though I am not sure whether it will still work considering various updates on ISPConfig 3.0 to to current / latest 3.2.11. Anyway, that was the best idea I know that was attempted and work at that time.

7. Rimas

Rimas New Member

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't think that @ahrasis meant that. There is an ISPConfig addon or plugin somewhere, it might even be a project of a user at git.ispconfig.org. And there must be posts about it here in the forum, but I don't find it at the moment, so probably using wrong search term.

9. till

10. ahrasis

11. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Thank you both! :)

12. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Hm, that plugin doesn't fully work with latest ISPConfig. I noticed that there are two pull requests pending, would any of you have time to review them?

13. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Also, it seems I'm lacking a permission to fork a project. Could I get it?

14. till

I've granted your git user the fork permission now.

Rimas likes this.
  15. Rimas

Rimas New Member

Thank you!

16. Rimas

Rimas New Member

I've now opened a pull request as well.
    It would be nice if this module could be incorporated into the core though. Is there anything in particular that blocks that?

17. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you tested that it works?
    If you can show it works as intended release manager may be more inclined to included it to next release.

18. Rimas

Rimas New Member

I've only tested it in a VM to create a website + database + ftp user so far, nothing else. Seems to work, but I haven't really tried to test the credentials it supplies me with. I'll try that this week.

ahrasis likes this.