Linux Command Line Interface

Discussion in 'Linux Beginners' started by Nate Mathew, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Nate Mathew

Nate Mathew New Member

Hi all,
    I’m beginning to work with Linux for classes and I’m wondering if anyone has any tips for the command line commands? It all sounds like a foreign language to me. Does anyone have tips for memorization or comprehension with these commands? I’m reading through some material but to me it’s like, how did these commands become a standard?
    Thanks

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

trolldaddy1974 likes this.
  3. Nate Mathew

Nate Mathew New Member

Yes! I found the information I was seeking in this thread. Thank you for your help!

4. Nate Mathew

Nate Mathew New Member

I’m currently referencing the part of this site that someone helped me find to memorize and study the commands. I couldn’t paste the link on the reply but it’s in the reply from a prior user in this discussion. Really helpful.

5. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Find ebooks on Packt:
    https://www.packtpub.com/
    Every year end or in summer, they provide US$5/ebook promotion.
    There are several excellent books about Linux commands! Get some of them on your PC or laptop so you do not have to visit internet and search related commands again. :cool:

6. Doak

Doak New Member

Thanks for the advice! I recently started learning Linux and I'm always looking for good resources. I will definitely check out Packtpub at the next sale.

7. CJ M

CJ M New Member

Keep at it! You will not believe how much you know in 6 months if you stick with it!

CJ