2.1 and 2.2 have the same db structure? Problem after upgrading...

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ddelbia, Apr 3, 2006.

1. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

Hi, I've just upgraded from 2.1.2 to 2.2 and I lose some data (customers and resellers) maybe because I used form editor in 2.1.2
    What happens if I delete the upgraded db and I restore the dump in /tmp
    Can I manually update the db structure?
    Thank you

2. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

More details: after the upgrade, table "isp_isp_kunde" and table "isp_isp_resellers" have no records. Anyway resellers and customers can login to the panel and I can see resellers and customers in admin CP, but with no data (and no limits for resellers).
    If I try to modify customer data, I get no errors but no effect too.
    If I try to modify a reseller, I get an error, something like "reseller group cannot be modified" (in italian is "Il gruppo del rivenditore non può essere identificato")
    Please help me!

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If all the other data there except from resellers and customers?

Then open the backup DB dump in temp with an editor, copy all insert statements for the customer and reseller tables to a new file and then run these insert staments with phpmyadmin on your ISPConfig database.

4. ddelbia

ddelbia Member

OK, now all works fine. But what can be happened? For the next time, how to upgrade if I added some fields to customers/resellers form editor?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must save the doctype table from the ISPConfig database, and after the update replace the new doctype table with the old one.
    But this might cause problems if the doctypes have changed in the new version.