2.2.24 Internal Forwards not working. example: [email protected] to [email protected]

Discussion in 'General' started by friday, Dec 23, 2008.

1. friday

friday Member

Still using 2.2.24 here. Internal forwards are not working when an email name is similar. For instance, if [email protected] has emails forwarded to [email protected], the email still ends up in [email protected]'s Maildir. The account names are different, jsmith for one, johnsmith for the other, but the name prior to the @ symbol are the same. Bug that has been fixed in later releases?

2. friday

friday Member

Here is the log file that says it should have forwarded, but never did

Dec 22 22:28:56 mail postfix/local[16328]: C9EBD7DC786: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=2.2, delays=0.58/.01/0/1.6, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: procmail -a "$EXTENSIO")

The names have been altered for this example. Mail is still coming into [email protected]'s Mailuser/new, but none for the 2.com address. I do have "keep copy" unchecked, BTW.

I'm tapped out of ideas at this point.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

there is no such bug in ISPConfig. Its a problem with your setup.

1) Enable postfix mode in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php
    2) Make sure that the username prefix is enabled.

4. friday

friday Member

I think I may have disabled username prefix, bit I did enable the postfix_style mode in the file you have listed. We'll see how that goes.