2 bugs in reseller statistics

Discussion in 'General' started by the_spy, May 19, 2007.

1. the_spy

the_spy New Member

ok thanks Till, one domain with a quota 8000mb + 33 domains unlimited at -1 = 7967 . I understand the "Diskspace used" number now. :) so the only bug is the -1 for unlimited.

for the Domains used count, you say "It is sites + co-domains."
    I'm not sure what is co-domains for you ? sub-domains ? because for me sub-domains are counted as Sites. In the total of "34 sites used", I have 30 domains and 4 sub-domains.

2. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Thanks for taking care of this.
    I am not sure that the problem has to do with just the -1 for unlimited.
    As I said previously, if I set the reseller limit to 10000 then it shows:

Diskspace used: 10098 of unlimited

Even if it was "just summed up" all users of this reseller had in total about 825Mb reserved. And a few megabytes only were being used, if that matters.

temp dirs are empty.
    Again, If I reserve 10 Mb for an email account and it rejects emails after receiving 2Kb, there must be a problem somewhere.
    As a matter of fact, if I change the quota from 10Mb to unlimited, there's still 2Kb of emails in the inbox, but then it works.
    This is corresponding to a weird behaviour of the reseller stats.
    According to me, there could be a problem with quota management, which is messing up the reseller statistics and sometimes email accounts quota.
    If you think that it has nothing to do with the reseller stats, then I'll post this issue somewhere else.
    Thanks for your help.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, thats the exact problem. I've fixed this already and the fix will be released as part of 2.2.13. The correct counting will be to show unlimited if one of the sites is set to unlimited.

A co-domain is any domain that is listed on the co-domains tab on one of your sites. co-domains can be subdomains or just other domains (aliases) for this site.

4. till

The code that creates the statistics is really simple, just a sql command that sums up the quota fields. I'am absolutely sure that your value is the product of summing up the fields.

Sorry but it looks that you havent read my posts in this thread. The reseller stats has NOTHING to do with the mailquota. And I know what I'am talking about as I'am probably one of the persons who knows the code best as I've written large parts of it myself.

Please post the output of:

ls -lah /tmp

and

du -h --max-depth=1 /var/www/www.yourdomain.com/

where you will have to replace the path with the path to your domain.

5. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Till,
    I know that you know the system and that you programmed it yourself, but there's no flawless software, to my knowledge ;-) ..but I'm not saying that you are not right. I always hope that it's just me and that there's no bug.. and I know you are the best person to ask to find out, why do you think I am posting my problems here?

If I see that the number of domains used is not shown correctly, the disk quota shows -2 and the emails are rejected after having 2Kb only in the inbox, I begin to think suspiciously about anything that doesn't work at first glance, including considering a combined problem quota-stats-mail. I am also trying to help with troubleshooting as I clearly have some problems.
    At the end of the day, as already said, it's my intention to use your great system for a couple of production servers to begin with, so if you don't mind I would like to be sure that everything works fine.

I understand the -1 issue now and I hope that the next release will be out soon.
    Though, I still do not understand why emails should be rejected even if a user has 10 Mb "reserved" and 2Kb used.
    I also do not see why in the reseller stats the number of domains is 4 when I use only 2 websites with no sub-domains or co-domains.
    Do you want me to open a new thread for these?

I will perform a few more tests to be sure.

Requested output is below:

Please be aware that the configuration might have changed since my first post.

ls -lah /tmp
    total 52K
    drwxrwxrwt 11 root root 4.0K 2007-05-20 13:33 .
    drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 4.0K 2007-05-13 01:50 ..
    drwxrwxrwt 2 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 .esd-1000
    drwx------ 3 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 gconfd-LinuxUser1
    srwxr-xr-x 1 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 0 2007-05-20 10:17 gnome-system-monitor.LinuxUser1.854355672
    drwxr-xr-x 2 tomcat5 nogroup 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 hsperfdata_tomcat5
    drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 .ICE-unix
    drwx------ 2 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 keyring-YTxjPk
    srwxr-xr-x 1 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 0 2007-05-20 10:17 mapping-LinuxUser1
    drwx------ 2 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 12:28 orbit-LinuxUser1-rw------- 1 admispconfig admispconfig 25 2007-05-20 13:12 sess_6719f3c7e5577dfb3e6116c3d6dd9c49
    -rw------- 1 root root 0 2007-05-20 10:17 sess_a678214b2c7e5928699f6d100b1a68f9
    drwx------ 2 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 ssh-YyIftC5649
    drwx------ 2 LinuxUser1 LinuxUser1 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:17 virtual-LinuxUser1.PwzpEA
    -r--r--r-- 1 root root 11 2007-05-20 10:16 .X0-lock
    drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4.0K 2007-05-20 10:16 .X11-unix

du -h --max-depth=1 /var/www/www.domain1.com/
    5.5M /var/www/www.domain1.com/web
    8.4M /var/www/www.domain1.com/user
    188K /var/www/www.domain1.com/log
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain1.com/cgi-bin
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain1.com/ssl
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain1.com/phptmp
    8.0K /var/www/www.domain1.com/ftp
    68K /var/www/www.domain1.com/.spamassassin
    15M /var/www/www.domain1.com/

du -h --max-depth=1 /var/www/www.domain2.org/
    3.4M /var/www/www.domain2.org/web
    336K /var/www/www.domain2.org/user
    2.2M /var/www/www.domain2.org/log
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain2.org/cgi-bin
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain2.org/ssl
    4.0K /var/www/www.domain2.org/phptmp
    8.0K /var/www/www.domain2.org/ftp
    5.9M /var/www/www.domain2.org/

I hope this helps.
    I am thinking anyway about setting up another freshly installed box to compare behaviours. Will see what happens.
    Thanks again.

6. till

I do not think that there is a general bug in the user email quota system.

I guess there is some misunderstanding on your side that the quota includes all files owned by a user, not just the users mailbox. But lets see:

Does the mailuser with the quota problem is in www.domain1.com and has the this user the "administrator" heckbox enabled?

Please post the output of:

du -h --max-depth=1 /var/www/www.domain1.com/user/

and tell me which user has the problem.

7. the_spy

the_spy New Member

I have updated ispconfig to the new stable version, it seems you did not saw this bug also in my first post since we only focused on the other bug in the thread:

- in the website listing (in reseller and client statistics), for example if I have 3 websites: a domain "domain.com" and one subdomain "sub1.domain.com" and an other "sub2.domain.com", only "domain.com" is displayed in the title for the subdomains instead of the complete name, so there is 3 "domain.com" listed and it's not possible to differentiate them.

8. till

Sorry, I overlooked this. I added this to the bugtracker now.

9. giovinazzo

giovinazzo New Member

Hi there,
    after having changed several settings to perform a few tests, at a certain point everything was working fine and I was never able to reproduce any fault, apart from the -1 and the subdomains issue, which are both addressed by now.
    Funny enough, also the other reseller who had the same problem, could not face the sympthoms anymore, without having perfomed any changes in his settings.
    I did not touch his account either.
    Well, we might have understood also how the quota works.. ;-)
    ..I already installed the first production server!
    I like the combination Ubuntu-ISPconfig everyday more.
    Thanks for your support guys!

10. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just fixed this. It will be available in the next release. :)