30 Default Imap Folders?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by adamluz, Aug 17, 2005.

1. adamluz

adamluz New Member

*30* Default Imap Folders? MAJOR ERROR

Today was the first time I connected an IMAP client to the server. I am using Outlook Express. When I went to download the folders, its showing all the mail files, take a loook....

View 1
    [​IMG]

View 2
    [​IMG]

View 3
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any idea?

PS. E-Mail's are not being recieved

Last edited: Aug 17, 2005
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It seems a your IMAP Server serves the home directory of the user, not the directory Maildir. As you can see in Screenshot 3, there are new Messages in the Maildir/new folder. Which Imap Deamon do you use?

3. adamluz

adamluz New Member

I used the install manual at http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4 to install the server software.

dovecot 0.99.14-4.fc4 System Environment/Daemons Dovecot Secure imap server
    imap 2002d-3 System Environment/Daemons Server daemons for IMAP and POP network mail protocols.
    libc-client 2002e-9 System Environment/Daemons C-client mail access routines for IMAP and POP protocols
    php-imap 5.0.4-10.3 Development/Languages An Apache module for PHP applications that use IMAP.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The imap package in the FC4 tutorial uses mbox, not Maildir, so you have to correct that under Management -> Server -> Settings -> Email.

5. adamluz

adamluz New Member

I made the change as your told me and it didn't look like it changed anything. IMAP is still showing the same files...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  6. adamluz

adamluz New Member

Maybe you could just explain how to uninstall IMAP and POP3 and install correctly. I don't know what happen but now both services will not start.

Thanks
    Adam

7. falko

Code:
    apt-get remove imap
    apt-get install imap

8. adamluz

adamluz New Member

Tried that already.... after doing that POP3 died as well as IMAP. Both services will no longer start ip.

Thanks
    Adam

9. falko

Can you uninstall dovecot? I think it is interfering with the imap package.

10. adamluz

adamluz New Member

dovecot has been uninstalled. I uninstall imap and reinstall. Looked in xintd and found imap and pop had been disabled. Reason for not being to sign in. Enabled the services again, restarted xinetd and was able to sign back in to e-mail however, the folders and all the webfiles are still listed like above. Is there a way to remap this or something?