32 to 64 bit Debian 8 ??

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by GaryS, Sep 3, 2016.

1. GaryS

GaryS New Member

Hi,

Due to hardware issues my ispconfig3's have all been installed on 32bit debian, now I have overcome the 64bit hardware problems I want to migrate to 64bit debian. Is there a way thru the howtoforge which has been documented (I have looked but not found yet) ??

Many thanks.

GS

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are several threads here in the forum that describe the steps to migrate an ispconfig installation from one server to another one. And you can also use the ISPConfig migration tool for that if you don't want to do it "by hand".

3. GaryS

GaryS New Member

I have read how to possibly upgrade servers from 32b to 64b, so I was hoping to upgrade in place rather than migrate across.

A quick search for a migration tool does seem to turn up any links ?

4. quanghnn

quanghnn New Member

I think I read it on google. You can search on it

5. GaryS

GaryS New Member

Google has some answers, but I haven't had time yet to play due to workloads & associated travel.
    My Original question was if I had missed a how to here for conversion of maybe with an ispconfig as well (if possible).
    I think the lack of real answer is the real answer...
    Prob no real need as its a once only type of thing....

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If the problem is upgrading 32-linux to 64-bit linux, as far as I know it is not possible.
    This can be done by installing a 64-bit system and copying or migrating the data from old server to new. I migrated from 32-bit Debian Squeeze to 64-bit Debian Stretch using ISPConfig Migration Toolkit. https://www.ispconfig.org/add-ons/ispconfig-migration-tool/

Andrew Solut likes this.
  7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, ISPConfig 2 or 3 on the source, and ISPConfig 3.1 on the 64-bit side.
    Other way of doing this is copy one by one the websites and databases to the new server, this is manual labor.