404s are now "Your temporary license has expired"?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Mav, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Mav

Mav New Member

I've recently ran an apt-get upgrade and now the 404s are not normal 404s anymore but instead it just says "Your temporary license has expired" in the page.

My setup/versions:
    Debian Sarge
    Apache/2.0.54
    PHP/4.4.4-0.dotdeb.3 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e

I thought it may have to do with dotdeb, since this only started happening after I updated those packages. But I can't find anything wrong with the config files of apache or php. And the errordocument paths are still correct in the apache config files. I have no idea where to look for why this is happening..

Maybe something separate, but in phpMyAdmin it says "MySQL client version: 4.1.15". But if I do a "select version();" it returns "5.0.32-Dotdeb_1.dotdeb.1-log". So I think something has gone wrong there too.

Any ideas, tips?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This does not look as this messages comes from one of the open source linux applications. Do you have some commercial web application installed that requires a licence key?

3. Mav

Mav New Member

No, not at all. Unless the dotdeb packages have something like that, but I doubt it. I only installed things with apt-get update/upgrade/install, and that stuff is all open source right?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you remember which packages were scheduled for upgrade?

5. Mav

Mav New Member

Hmm, no not exactly. It was mostly the apache/php/mysql stuff that got upgraded. And I think one or two packages not related to the apache/php/mysql stuff. But those must have been just normal updates of debian, I never installed anything fancy, it's just default debian with dotdeb lamp packages.

Maybe there is a log that keeps track of updates?

6. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

On Debian / Ubuntu you can find a history of what's being done in
    Code:
    /var/log/dpkg.log*

7. Mav

Mav New Member

Edit: Well, I thought I had found the problem. But I didn't. After fiddling with the apache config it now no longer gives the weird license message. I don't know why, and I can't reproduce the license message again either. :confused:

Too bad I can't figure out why it displayed that weird message. But I'm just glad it's working as normal again... thanks for the help!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007