42goISP vs. ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by nveid, Jan 16, 2006.

1. nveid

nveid ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I'm currently operating a very small hosting business which I've been managing the
    shell-less email accounts by manually editing the sql database, same with ftp, and
    simply jotting down records of users in an excel file. I've been debating, 42goISP or ISPConfig.

Both very nice products, similar yet I've seen note worthy differences
    on both ends. While I heard Falko say the main difference is the Remoting
    Framework and the Invoices. I've noticed another important key aspect.

42goISP doesn't do trouble tickets, ISPConfig does. Thats an important
    aspect. Or does it?

ISPConfig actually does have the remoting framework now, a patch till released
    not to long ago.

42goISP cherishes Invoices and ISPConfig cherishes Ticketing System.
    So is the only diffence between the 2 the Ticketing System and the Invoices?

And with the development of ISPConfig 3, is 42goISP following that route?

Is there a projected timeframe for ISPConfig 3 to possibly be released?

Also, whats the best suggested setup along with ISPConfig or 42goISP.

I was thinking WhoisCart + ISPCofig or 42goISP (haven't decided yet) + Typo3 (or does WhoisCart handle the entire web front-end.. I'm sorta thinking it does)

Also if I pick the ISPConfig route, is there a way I can at least donate to the project I
    haven't seen a paypal link anywhere(unless I'm just blind :D ).

-- RLB

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can read about the relationship between ISPConfig and 42go here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730
    ISPConfig is more bleeding edge, with some new features that haven't been integrated in 42go yet.

This has not yet been decided.

Not yet.

Whois.Cart has a web-frontend which can be customized. Have a look here: https://secure.hostmauritius.com/wsct/quick.php (this is just a dummy site; the SSL certificate has expired).