7 websites one is inaccessible through FTP

Discussion in 'General' started by Victor Dugas, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I can login through ftp, go to the web sub-folder but there are no files that exist. I was able to see and access the files, this is how the website was placed onto the server. Was able to edit pages etc, now the folder appears to be empty but the website is still operational. I am not experiencing this with the other 6 websites on this server, only this one and unless somehow the permissions somehow changed, I have no idea...I even deleted the FTP account and recreated it...same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

On the options tab of the FTP account, you can see the path where the logged in ftp user points to. Check if that patch matches the path of the website.

3. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

Yes I see all of the files in this folder as defined in options of the FTP section for this website, Directory heading. Just not in two ftp clients that I am using.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  4. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I changed file permissions...but there is no change in FTP client.

5. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

The files exist in the folder...but not visible to FTP...i even changed the permissions and there is no change...

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What folder are you examining? Is it
    Code:
    /web
    or something else?

7. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

8. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Why is user and group empty? Seems odd. I do not use FTP to access my servers, only test sometimes when user says FTP does not work.
    Also, Attribs seems odd, drwxrwx--- is what I would expect.
    I would start from the beginning, and check all settings of that FTP user. For example, what is the home directory? Is it the same as the website directory?

9. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

this is the same folder under ssh
    upload_2018-4-28_13-17-31.png

10. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

I don't think it has anything to do with my FTP because I have 6 others that I am having no problem with...and I didn't change anything to make this happen...just one day I could access the files through FTP and the next it looked like above.

11. Victor Dugas

Victor Dugas Member

Thank you, I figured out the issue...not sure how it happened but thanks to Taleman...it got me curious and ya...it was permission problems...some how...