A couple of ispconfig questions

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by jimmy, Dec 19, 2005.

1. jimmy

jimmy New Member

Where can i find the conf for the mail scanner? i,d like to change it to drop the emails without returning a warning to sender which is causing alot of returned mails due to worms that email via spoofed email addresses. Also, is there anyway of retrieving a mail users password, i gather ispconfigs not showing of it as a security measure but cant seem to retrieve em via phpmyadmin either...and sometimes its necesary for us to retrieve user passwords for support purposes. :D

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

The antivirus scanner script is /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/clamav/bin/trashscan.
    There are also some procmail recipes in each user's directory like .antivirus.rc, .html-trap.rc, and .local-rules.rc that might be of interest to you.

No, because ISPConfig does not store the passwords anywhere. They go immediately to /etc/shadow (in encrypted form), so there'S no way of retrieving a lost password. So you have to give your users new passwords (and tell them to be more carefully... They wouldn't handle the keys to their cars that carelessly, would they?) ;)