A sound card that works right out of the box?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by amslink, Jun 15, 2007.

1. amslink

amslink New Member

I have installed PCLInuxOS on my brother's computer. Everything went wonderfully except the sound didn't work and he loves to record CD's and watch DVD's. So he needs sound.

He has the Creative Labs Soundblaster CT5880. I've tried evrything. Disabled the onboard soundcard (AC97). Tried different drivers, used #alsaconf, checked the Kmix settings 20 times. Well this is it. This system needs a sound card that works right out of the box.

If you have a sound card that worked with no tinkering or programming please list it for me. I do not want to waste any more time with this thing.

I need a simple soundcard, not too expensive that PCLinuxOS recognizes and configures and plays right out of the box.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

2. amslink

amslink New Member

Well waiting.

Has anyone ever heard of a sound card that works with PCLInuxOS 2007 that doesn't require being a programming expert? I need something plug and play.

Thanks.

3. bschultz

bschultz Member

Most Sound Blasters are indeed plug and play (to a certain extent). Download and run the alsamixer (Google it to find out more) and you should be good to go.