A website was destroying ispconfig!

Discussion in 'General' started by sulee154151, Jan 28, 2016.

1. sulee154151

sulee154151 New Member

Hi to all,
    this is an incredible story: my customer's web site (with wordpress inside) had a php internal error (caused by a plugin)... for this reason, the linux operative system had created many error log file of 40 GB, wasting all file system space....

as you know the directory /var/www/clients/client0/web1/log is created by root and the file owner is root so for this reason, the quota setting for the user web1 is not valid...

Does anybody know how to avoid this problem in the future?

PS: I believe that this problem is very serious and should be addressed in the guides that talk about how to install ispconfig

2. dark alex

dark alex New Member

I don't know if ISPC configures logrotate to rotate that files?

Can you tell us from when to when thos logs were created? over how many days?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The error.lg gets rotated automatically when it exceeds the size of 10MB and there is one gzipped copy kept of this file, so there are max. 2 error.log copies where the older one is gzipped.

Maybe you disabled the nightly ispconfig cronjob that checks and compresses the log?

As an additional note, ISPConfig keeps all logs separated from the sites in /var/log/ispconfig/httpd so you can use a separate harddisk partition for this folder to ensure that log sizes can not affect the other parts of the system.