About reverse DNS

Discussion in 'General' started by lrider, Jul 10, 2008.

1. lrider

lrider Member

To Cat:

That is what I did, following Falko's intructions, but it did not work for me.

After filling all the data, NO reverse zone was generated.?¿?¿

2. jmroth

jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

No PTR records generated here either. Running ISPC 2.2.25.

Actually taking a quick glance at the code and at the DB reveals that:
    - The DB contains dns_ptr.status='n', and
    - The code says
    if($ptr_dnss = $mod->db->queryAllRecords("SELECT dns_ptr.* FROM dns_nodes,dns_ptr WHERE dns_nodes.doc_\
    id = dns_ptr.doc_id AND dns_nodes.doctype_id = '".$isp_web->ptr_doctype_id."' AND dns_nodes.status = '1'
    (ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php)

Maybe that's only a symptom, but something seems to be wrong.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats all absolutely ok. You mix up the tables dns_ptr and dns_nodes. In dns_ptr, the status is 'n' if a new record is inserted, 'u' if a record is updated and 'd' if a record is delted while the status in dns_dep is 1 or 0 which means that a record is in the recycle bin or not.

Which linux distribution do you use?

4. jmroth

Alright, but what could be the reason that my PTR records are finally not generated in the config files?

5. till

Please answer my question about the linux distribution if you want that I'am able to help you to find the problem.

6. jmroth

Sorry :( Debian Etch

7. till

Please run the following command as root user:

/root/ispconfig/php/php -q /root/ispconfig/scripts/writeconf.php

do the records get created then? Any errors on the screen or in the ispconfig.log?

8. jmroth

One thing I have meanwhile found out is that $isp_web->ptr_doctype_id is empty in writeconf.php
    Code:
    $ptr_dnss = $mod->db->queryAllRecords("SELECT dns_ptr.* FROM dns_nodes,dns_ptr WHERE dns_nodes.doc_id = \
    dns_ptr.doc_id AND dns_nodes.doctype_id = '".$isp_web->ptr_doctype_id."' AND dns_ptr.status != ''");

i.e. the query returns nothing and make_named_reverse is not called.

However the doctype id (1033) in the DB dns_ptr is correct. Thus I do not know why $isp_web->ptr_doctype_id is empty in writeconf.php and not empty in lib/classes/ispconfig_bind.lib.php

EDIT: The doctype_id in DB dns_nodes is 0 for my folder "Reverse Delegation" which contains the PTR records in DNS Manager.

9. till

Please answer my questions in #27.

10. jmroth

No and no, otherwise I would have said so ;) I see "start" and "end" properly.

UPDATE: As for my findings from #28, I seem to have forgotten to update my heavily customized config.lib.php after the last update... :-( sorry for disturbing I think that's it then. I thought it was only in ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_isp_web.lib.php.... but apparently its there more than once.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009