Acces denied with file transfer protocol

Discussion in 'General' started by Nikkko, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Nikkko

Nikkko New Member

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum, I hope to receive some suggestions, cause I'm facing an issue with websote creation.
    In ISPconfig, I add "new webbiste" (web19) like a charm. Same for db, user, and sFTP. But sFTP created say "acces denied" when I try to connect with WinSCP.
    So I'm connecting with a previous website web1 and I go up the folders to see that my web19 doesn't exist !
    It used to work fine for more than a year and then now I cannot make file transfer anymore with new website. It still works with all previous websites already created. I don't see what can cause this since all server is maintained by Contabo team and they confirm that is an ISPconfig issue.
    It seems to be permissions issue. But all good on the server.

Would you have someone happens already or any idea where it can comes from ?
    Sorry if I make so mistake wrtiting, english is not my mother language.

Regards

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

By SFTP you mean shell user? Can you connect with ssh to the host? Did you enable jailkit?
    That is the expected behaviour, user should not see other users directories.
    Is the disk full?

3. Nikkko

Nikkko New Member

Thanks Taleman for your answer.

Yes I've created shell user to use sFTP.
    You're right this expected behaviour not to access others webistes diretcories, but you can at least see them (see picture attached).
    And I cannot see the web19 I've created earlier.

I'm gonna check that the disk is not full.
    Cheers

Attached Files:

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's only the case if you created an SSH user where you disabled the jail.

Used debug mode to find out why the new website could not be added:

https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

5. Nikkko

Nikkko New Member

It look like it's a issue with PHP memory size

Code:
    root@vmixxx:~# /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh
    31.03.2021-11:29 - WARNING - There is already a lockfile set, but no process running with this pid (26551). Continuing.
    PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-available/apache2_plugin.inc.php on line 2241

The disk is not full, it's only used at 2%

phpinfo show Loaded Configuration File /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini
    So I increased memory_limit to 500M and restart "service apache2 restart".
    Still the issue

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021