Accidentally Remove Default Server

Discussion in 'General' started by maileh, Dec 10, 2021.

1. maileh

maileh Member

Hi i have Cluster setup and somehow i delete my master DNS Nameserver from ISPconfig GUI and i try to add it again. It is ok but from the Tool under Resync Tab i no longer see the default server there. How can i re add it to appear on that tab again. From System Server and Config it is there . Also note i also note the Slave Nameserver have None as its Mirror of Server

upload_2021-12-10_16-15-51.png

my Default Name Server got disappear from this list. how can i restore it ??

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Name server should not show up in those rsync items you show in the image. It should be in DNS-records dropdown menu. Which is further down on that same page.
    Do you see name servers in ISPConfig GUI | System | Server Services -page?

maileh likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

How did you re-added it? There is no way to do it from ISPConfig GUI, you must use a backup from the dbispconfig database and export the one missing record from server table and then import that into your current dbispconfig database. ISPConfig is doing a SQL backup during updates, so you should fine one in a subfolder of /var/backup/.

4. maileh

maileh Member

Thanks Till , i guess you are referring to the dbispconfig on the Master Server if not please confirm ??

Also attached file is the Server Services tab for a Slave Nameserver where as Mirror option is none . If i reselect the Master Nameserver Now is that a good option ? Or should i fixed the issue above before doing that ??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
  5. maileh

maileh Member

Yes like i said on top i both see the new re added nameserver both on the System Server Config and Services tab and it is appear fine there. Except i now see the second nameserver do have the mirror of server field as none.