Accumulated jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Emsanator, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

Hello,
    Following our most recent system updates (3.2.11), I have observed a persistent backlog in our job tasks. As of now, we have 10 pending tasks that have remained unprocessed for approximately a week. Despite server multiple reboots, the number of pending tasks has not reduced. I suspect that the last two updates might have introduced a bottleneck which is causing this issue.

What is your suggestion for a solution?
    Thank you
    2023-08-12_17-44-26.png 2023-08-12_17-33-44.png 2023-08-12_17-40-49.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's quite unlikely. It's just that one of your systems is unable to process all jobs due to a misconfiguration or one system is not picking up new jobs at all e.g. because its not able to connect to master anymore or has been shut down or server.sh root cronjob has been disabled. So we have most likely a system or config problem of your systems and not an issue in ISPConfig. You can use either debug mode in ISPConfig and check oll systems, or look into the sys_datalog and server table of the master. Records are pending when the updated column in the server table for that server is lower than datalog_id from sys_datalog where server_id must be either 0 or match the ID of the server. So if you know then which server fails to pick up or process changes, you can then enable debug log for that server node and run server.sh on the shell of that server to see in details why it fails. See also: https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

3. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

I created a log but it only gave these error logs. Can these give an idea?

4. till

You manually enabled a old and unmaintained plugin which should not be enabled. Disable it by running:

rm -f /usr/local/ispconfig/server/plugins-enabled/nginx_reverseproxy_plugin.inc.php

5. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

I deleted the file and restarted the server. This time, the red circle indicating the number of pending jobs is now blinking. But the number of jobs still did not decrease.

I present it to you in case you need to log again.
    @till

6. till

Run server.sh again and post the result that you get on the screen. Also which PHP version do you use on that system and which ISPConfig version is installed on that node.

7. Emsanator

Emsanator Member

Execution of "server.sh", it appears that the pending tasks have been successfully completed, thank you for your help @till !

PHP: 8.1
    ISPconfig: 3.2.11

till likes this.
  8. till

Please enable server.sh in root crontab again if you have not done that yet.