Add existing domains?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ehcraig, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ehcraig

ehcraig New Member

Hi there, I have just installed ISPConfig to our development server & want to have all of the existing domains show up in the new ctl panel. I need to add some new domains ASAP.

How do I go about getting the ctl panel to see the 6 existing domains, before I add a new domain to the server?

2. createch

createch New Member

ISPConfig is meant to be installed in a new server and not for a server with existing domains, but you may try the following....

Firstly, please make sure that you have set up your server correctly, with all the required things installed. (ISPConfig, postfix, named, apache, etc...)

Now you may try this:

a) Backup your data first (so in case there is problem you can fall back)
    b) In the ISPConfig panel, create one domain (e.g. abc.com -- website: www.abc.com), create a test user (e.g. web1_test, pointing to [email protected]), tick
    c) Now in your server, it will have a folder /var/www/www.abc.com
    d) Move all your web files to /var/www/www.abc.com/web
    e) If you have set up your DNS correctly, then you can see the website, and you can send emails to this [email protected]. Remember to use the webmail interface to try sending / receiving mails to this test email account.

If the above works, you may proceed to do the above steps for other domains.

You should read the ISPconfig documentation carefully to know how to set up a user for FTP, how to add new functions to it, such as PhpMyAdmin, webmail, etc.