Adding new ip's to server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by phamels, Oct 17, 2005.

1. phamels

phamels Member

Hello,

I've been using ISPConfig for three months now and I must say it's a very nice package :D
    Had no or little trouble on the way installing it but I noticed one thing tough.

I'm running it on fedora core 4, followed the perfect install, have everything working perfect. BUT, after manually adding new ip's from my ip range into the sysconfig files and NOT adding these to the ISPConfig system I ran into some trouble. I don't add these new IP's to the ISPConfig system because they are not for hosting related business.

When I restart the network, they seem to work properly, I can bind services to them, connect, the whole works... But after some time, the ip's seem to go down until I restart the network.

However, If I do add the ip's to the ISPConfig system, they don't seem to go down and stay up al the time.

Any solution for this?
    Thanks

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Edit /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php and set $go_info["server"]["network_config"] to 0. Then ISPConfig won't change your network settings anymore.

3. phamels

phamels Member

thx ... :D

4. AngelDrago

AngelDrago Member

i have the same problem i added more ip's from my internal network to my NIC card and when i chose a site it would not work it would default it to the main site again the ip range i added for the ISPConfig is 192.168.1.3 (first nic) and the second NIC i added the remain till 192.168.1.15 so when i created a site with the ip of .10 it would fault back to 3 is this maybe the same porblem?? any help is always appriciated..

Peace
    AngelDrago

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can choose the IP address when you create a web site in ISPConfig. Are you sure you selected the right one?