additional php: fpm with upstart init

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by davidak, Mar 16, 2016.

1. davidak

davidak New Member

hello,
    how can i use a php-fpm package with upstart init in isp-config?
    what must i set as init script path in aditional php settings?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig detects the init system automatically, for systemd and upstart it assume that the service name id the file name in the init script path.

3. davidak

davidak New Member

So when i restart fpm with service php56-fpm restart i put just "php56-fpm" in the init script path?

4. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

5. davidak

davidak New Member

Thanks!

6. davidak

davidak New Member

i tried again to update our php-package to the newest version (with upstart instead of SysV Init).

when ISPC restarts fpm, the master process is killed, but the child procs are still running. the default www pool has a tcp/ip socket in use so starting fpm again fails...

# /usr/local/php56/sbin/php-fpm --nodaemonize --fpm-config /etc/php56/php-fpm.conf
    [23-Mar-2016 22:09:07] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: Module 'apcu' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
    [23-Mar-2016 22:09:07] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
    [23-Mar-2016 22:09:07] NOTICE: PHP message: PHP Warning: Module 'memcache' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
    [23-Mar-2016 22:09:07] ERROR: unable to bind listening socket for address '127.0.0.1:9133': Address already in use (98)
    [23-Mar-2016 22:09:07] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

when i kill all those procs i can manually start fpm. everything works. i can restart it as i want. only ISPC breaks everything...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  7. ztk.me

ztk.me Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you're using Ubuntu 14.04 you have to delete the upstart script and use init.d for php-fpm due to upstart not capable of handleing the needs for php-fpm. See this bug rebport.

8. davidak

davidak New Member

we have only one 14.04 server with ISP-C because of other problems. we decided to use plesk instead :(

thank you for the information!

/close